Mixed-use properties typically combine two or more types of real estate, and for their owners, it can be difficult to determine the proper insurance they need. Attaining the right coverage takes an agent who specializes in these types of property, and as mixed-use insurance agents, Muller Insurance has the knowledge and proficiency to properly insure your building. Here, we take a closer look at how you can benefit from working with our team.

Pointing You in the Right direction

With such a diverse group of residential tenants and commercial entities, each mixed-use building will have its own specific insurance needs. Muller Insurance offers a variety of coverage options for owners of mixed-use buildings based on the types of businesses they rent to, such as:

  • Retail: To protect your retail spaces, you will need a mixed-use insurance policy that is appropriate for buildings with retail shops. In doing so, your property will be protected from loss or damage to the building, retail liability coverage in the case of damages or injuries to customers or clients, and compensation for the breakdown of mechanical equipment and computers are to be covered by you, the building owner.
  • Residential: A landlord policy is needed for each mixed-use building. This policy will reimburse the owner for repairs if the building is damaged or destroyed. Because your tenant’s belongings are not covered under your landlord insurance policy, you may want to require them to have renters insurance.
  • Business properties: Business property insurance can help pay for damage to your office and its contents — including valuable equipment and important business records. Also, business interruption insurance covers the loss of income in the event of a shutdown.

Depending on your building, additional types of coverage may be needed, and our agents are here to help you make that determination. For example, workers’ compensation insurance protects not only your employees but also your business, and it can also help you with legal expenses. And because flood damage is exempt from mixed-use building insurance policies, consider investing in flood insurance. This additional coverage can be especially beneficial if your building resides in a severe flood zone.

Tapping into Our Experience and Connections

When owning a mixed-use building, it is essential to work with the right insurance agency that can provide insurance options for business owners, tenants, and landlords. Muller Insurance prides itself on being a knowledgeable mixed-use insurance agency, serving landlords from New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Nevada, and other states, guiding them through the process and finding the right insurance policy for them. How do we do it? Here are a few ways to benefit from choosing Muller Insurance:

  • Independent insurance agency: As an independent insurance agency, we are able to work with more than 20 different insurance companies ensuring you receive the best possible coverage available.
  • Family-owned and operated: Our family-owned and operated insurance agency is led by its third generation, but the same morals and commitments to our customers are still present to this day.
  • Dedication to our customers: With a focus on trust, Muller Insurance has formed a bond with the local community by being committed to helping local families and businesses thrive.

For more information about the advantages of working with Muller Insurance’s mixed-use insurance agents, contact us today.

Share This Post!