Condominium Insurance in New Jersey
When you move into a condo, especially one in the city, your first concern might be how far away it is from the train station, or how you can decorate it to make it feel like home. However, one of the most important things every property owner should be aware of is condo insurance.
If you own property in a condominium and don’t already have condo insurance, talk to Muller Insurance for a quote. They are based in Hoboken, NJ, and can help you find a plan that gives you and your assets the right coverage.
What Is Condo Insurance?
Condo insurance protects everything inside your individual unit. This includes interior structures, like walls and cabinetry, as well as personal possessions, such as furniture and clothing. Condo insurance also provides liability coverage, which means that if someone slips and falls inside your unit, you’ll be protected.
Fortunately, condo occupants don’t have to worry about common areas, like the lobby or elevators. It’s the condo association’s responsibility to insure these with a master policy. However, you should strive to be aware of exactly what they already cover and what they don’t.
Other Types of Insurance for Condo Owners
Aside from a general condo insurance plan, property owners might also want to consider the following:
- Unit assessment provides reimbursement for your share of an assessment charged to all unit owners as a result of a covered loss.
- Water and sewer backup coverage is not always included in general condo insurance policies. Contact Muller Insurance for a quote. This covers any personal property that might get damaged from an overflowing drain, broken sump pump and much more.
- Umbrella liability is an affordable way to broaden your coverage beyond the limits of a standard policy.
- Flood or earthquake coverage is also not included in most insurance plans. So if you live near a river, ocean or other body of water or a region prone to earthquakes, it’s a good idea to add on this type of coverage.
- Floater or endorsement coverage is good to have if you own high-value furs, jewelry or collectibles. Most standard insurance policies only have a $1,000 or $2,000 limit for reimbursement for stolen jewelry.
Want to Know More?
Whether you’re just looking for more information about condo insurance policies, or you’re interested in getting one, Muller Insurance can help. We have decades of experience with protecting property owners, their condos and their possessions. Contact us today to help guide you through the process.