Insurance for Apartment Buildings With Retail Outlets in NJ, NY, CT, PA, NV, and Other States

Throughout the United States, property owners must manage buildings that have both residential and retail units. We realize it can be challenging to find the right insurance policy for a mixed-use building: that’s where Muller Insurance comes in. Serving clients in New Jersey, New York, and other states, Muller Insurance provides tailored mixed-use property insurance solutions that combine residential and retail coverage. Learn more about our insurance policies and coverage types.

Commercial Property Insurance

Often, mixed-use buildings have multiple rental apartments or condominium units, as well as ground-floor retail space. Insurance policies for mixed-use properties need to provide the same basic coverage as they would for apartment buildings. Muller Insurance can help you find mixed-use policies to cover your buildings and property in the following situations:

  • Accidental or malicious damage to the building itself
  • Loss of rental income if the building cannot be occupied due to extensive damages
  • Liability for damages or injuries that occur in common areas on the property premises
  • Sewer drain clogs and backups

We know that no two apartment buildings are alike, which is why Muller Insurance will work with you to learn your building’s specific needs. Our team will help you choose the apartment insurance policy that best suits your unique building and situation. Drawing on our decades of service, we have worked with residential and commercial properties of all sizes and capacities.

Coverage for Commercial Property

Besides being home to residential units, mixed-use properties can have retail shops onsite. To protect these retail spaces, Muller Insurance offers landlord insurance appropriate for mixed-use buildings. Coverage means your property will be protected from the following:

  • Loss or damage to the building, equipment, and interior or exterior structures.

The commercial property insurance coverage described above is specifically designed for retail applications. Thus, it’s important to note that if your commercial space is occupied by a café, bar, restaurant, office, or daycare, you will need a different type of policy. Recognizing that commercial insurance can be complex, Muller Insurance is dedicated to helping customers understand which types of coverage apply to their property and helping them get the protection they need.

Coverage for Other Considerations

In addition to the coverage types described above, both residential and commercial properties need coverage from fire, storms, and other natural disasters. Because flood and earthquake damage are exempt from mixed-use building insurance policies, you may want to consider investing in additional flood insurance or other types of coverage. This is especially important if you’re in an area that’s prone to severe weather.

Mixed-use buildings also need coverage for unexpected expenses that arise. Mixed-use properties can be subject to complicated building codes. This means property owners may need to think about:

  • Rising costs for necessary repairs
  • Retrofitting or renovations to bring units up to code
  • Legal services to defend against non-compliance

Muller Insurance’s additional policies can protect you and your business against these kinds of expenses.

The Muller Insurance Difference

Because we’re a local insurance agency, Muller Insurance provides the close personal attention you won’t get with a national agency. We’ve been family owned and operated for over 115 years, with a track record of lasting client relationships and a strong reputation in the industry. Our agents get to know your building inside and out so we can offer meaningful insights, tailor policies for your unique needs, and respond to claims with understanding and care.

When it comes to mixed-use properties, we know you may need a unique combination of coverage lines. Muller Insurance works with more than 25 premier insurance providers to provide a diverse range of customized policies for our clients. And we can often identify bundling opportunities to save our clients’ money, as well.

We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service. Our agents speak Spanish, French, Urdu, and Arabic, in addition to English, allowing us to serve a greater diversity of clients. Muller Insurance is licensed in over 30 states and holds the Certified Professional Insurance Agent (CPIA) Designation through the American Insurance Marketing and Sales Society.

Find Premium Insurance Coverage for Mixed-Use Property

If you need assistance finding the right insurance policy for your apartment building, turn to the team at Muller Insurance. We’re proud to offer coverage through leading insurance companies, including:

Muller Insurance serves owners of mixed-use buildings in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Maryland, Pennsylvania and other states. For more information or to get started with a free quote, contact us today.

Brick apartment building on a corner lot with ground-floor commercial businesses

View Our Other Policies

Want help determining which coverage is best for your needs?

Call our advisors today.

Call Us Today

We are here for all of your insurance needs!